Using the 9 – 12 Grade Lesson Plans
The 9–12 grade Practical Money Skills for Life Course promotes learning through collaboration, real-world connections and communication tools. The lessons are designed so that they may be taught in sequence or used individually.
The Teacher's Guide portion of each lesson includes these components:
The first page of each lesson features:
- An introduction
- Learning objectives
- The topic, time needed, supplies, preparation and activity sheet descriptions
- National standards met in Financial Literacy, Economics, English Language Arts and Math
This is the lesson's hook for the learner, designed to promote engagement and inquiry.
Each includes the following sections:
- Investigate: Discussion is initiated and basics concepts are taught.
- Student Preparation: Students are engaged in exploring and practicing the concepts taught.
- Challenge: Students have the opportunity to demonstrate their understanding via activities.
- Reflection: An opportunity for students to reflect on the class through discussion, a written journal entry and other means.
Located in the right hand column throughout the lessons, the Teacher's Tips provide additional information about certain components of the lesson, ideas for extending the lesson and tips on reducing the time required to deliver the lesson.
An answer key for each activity sheet is included when appropriate.
Student Activity Sheets
Each lesson features one to three activity sheets and matching answer keys for teachers when appropriate. The activity sheets, which are designed for teachers to print and distribute, allow students to practice the concepts learned via investigation, research, group work, scenarios, presentations and roleplaying.
Email to a friend