July 8, 2013
Back-to-School Shopping Tips
Find out how you can manage back-to-school expenses for an easier and more affordable start to the school year.
Many parents – myself included – dread back-to-school shopping. It's a hassle figuring out what the kids need for the coming year and dragging them to the mall. Plus, it's just so expensive. Here are a few tips for managing back-to-school expenses:
- First, calculate what you can afford without blowing your budget.
- Then list all anticipated expenses. Look at past bills and ask other parents for suggestions.
- Ask the school which supplies you're expected to furnish.
- Spread clothing purchases throughout the year so they don't outgrow everything at once.
- Learn how much equipment for extracurricular activities costs.
- Take advantage of mobile shopping apps for in-store comparison shopping.
Bottom line: Back-to-school shopping can be tedious, but with careful planning you can save time, money and aggravation.
- High School Grads Need to Understand Credit
- How to Save on Back-to-School Shopping
- This Father's Day - Teach Your Kids to Manage Finances
- Prepare Your Kids for Summer Job Expenses
Email to a friend