August 12, 2013
Saving Money on Groceries
Save money on your monthly grocery bill with these simple tips.
One of your family's biggest monthly expenses is food. If you Google "Save money on groceries," more than six million results pop up. Clearly, a lot of people have given this a lot of thought.
Start by visiting the many online coupon sites. They'll tell you which items are on sale where, and share valuable coupons you can print or download onto your phone. Other great ideas include:
- Stockpile non-perishable items when they're on sale.
- Buy fresh produce when in season.
- Cook from scratch rather than using prepared meals. It's cheaper and much healthier.
- Plan a week's worth of meals, to reduce shopping trips and resist impulse buying.
- Try store brands or generics – they're getting better all the time.
Bottom line: Careful planning can make a serious dent in your weekly grocery bill.
- Have the Good Debt Vs. Bad Debt Rules Changed?
- Money-Saving Open Enrollment Tips
- How to Save on Back-to-School Shopping
- What Healthcare Reform Means to You
Email to a friend