"Financial education allows individuals and families to accumulate assets and achieve their financial goals. A positive spillover from that process is greater economic stability in our communities."
Charles L. Evans
President and CEO
Federal Reserve Bank of
“Now, more than ever, financial literacy is critical for everyone, regardless of age or financial situation. As leaders in this field, we encourage you to lend your voice to this process and help us find solutions.”
of Financial Education
Free Monthly Newsletter
The latest on financial educa-
tion trends and techniques emailed once a month.
Sign Up Today!
Advancing Financial Stability and Responsibility
Monday, April 19, 2010 · 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Central · Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and Visa co-hosted the fourth annual Financial Literacy and Education Summit. The program featured leading financial literacy experts who addressed key issues in the fields of education and personal finance. The year's Summit covered key topics such as how we can improve our collective economic health, and how to bolster our shared commitment to global financial education. Watch the free webcast now.
Chief Executive Officer and Director
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Financial Education and Financial Access,
U.S.Department of the Treasury
Chairman, Board of Governors of the
Federal Reserve System
Head of Global Corporate Social Responsibility
President and Chief Executive Officer
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Major League Soccer Player
Kansas City Wizards
and Honduras National Men’s Team
Welcome: Ben S. Bernanke
Chairman, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
Opening Remarks: Charles L. Evans
President and Chief Executive Officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Speaker: Michelle Greene
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Financial Education and Financial Access, U.S. Department of the Treasury
Speaker: Jennifer Kuperman
Head of Global Corporate Social Responsibility, Visa Inc.
Keynote Speaker: Duncan L. Niederauer
Chief Executive Officer and Director NYSE Euronext
- How we can improve our collective economic health?
- How to bolster our shared commitment to global financial education?
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) members
- Educators and students interested in financial literacy and the global economy
- Economic and education policy makers worldwide, including congressional staff, state education department representatives, and members of agencies interested or involved in economic and education policy
- Members of financial literacy and education advocacy organizations
- International and regional economic organization members
- Charitable foundations that support community and economic development
- Academic professionals researching or developing curriculum in the fields of financial and economic literacy
- Journalists or reporters on matters relating to financial education and the global economy